The system effectively solves the problem of reconnaissance of the exact location of enemy artillery, mortars and snipers, as well as conducting and adjusting their own fire without the risk of hitting the operator or the system itself.
This system effectively solves the problem of reconnaissance of the exact location of enemy artillery, mortars and snipers, as well as conducting and adjusting their own fire using acoustic methods without the risk of being hit by the system operator, detected by the enemy or destroyed.
The counter-battery system is offered to the user in the form of an IoT platform that includes:
– the software is integrated into SS systems (Kropyva, Delta, etc.)
– sensors (acoustic module – a sensitive circular microphone array for receiving signals)
– firmware (effective signal detection against noise and interference due to innovative spatio-temporal sound processing based on adaptive lattice filters (ALFA))
– secure radio communication module for data transmission to the operator at a distance of 10+ km.
The concept of the system takes into account the eight-year experience of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Donbas using modern radars from Western countries and modernized Soviet-era sound detection systems. It has the following advantages:
- efficiency: the largest range among analogues, with the lowest error in estimating the enemy’s coordinates, thanks to the technology of spatio-temporal sound processing – an error of 0.1%, for recognizing artillery at a distance of 30+ km, which was tested at the training grounds of the Missile Forces and Artillery of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- modularity: lightweight sensors can be delivered to the required area of the frontline by any vehicle, the required coverage area can be adjusted by the number of sensors.
- invulnerability: a passive distributed system that does not reveal itself in any way and has good camouflage characteristics due to its minimal dimensions.
- autonomy: the system operator is located in a remote secure location, the required duration of continuous operation of the detectors for several days is regulated by the battery power.
- Cross-platform: integration into the main SS of the Armed Forces of Ukraine allows for real-time coordination of actions of various units.