The box is attached to many modifications of machine guns for the NATO 7.62 cartridge based on the German MG42 (it does not fit the original MG42 as it has an outdated 7.92 caliber) The original NATO solution has a complex drum shape (cupcake) and is quite scarce, and most of these machine guns were not equipped with boxes when they were delivered to Ukraine.
The box is attached to many modifications of machine guns for the NATO 7.62 cartridge based on the German MG42 (it does not fit the original MG42 as it has an outdated 7.92 caliber) The original NATO solution has a complex drum shape (cupcake) and is quite scarce, and most of these machine guns were not equipped with boxes when they were delivered to Ukraine. This variant was developed on the basis of the M240 box of our own production, which greatly simplified and accelerated the launch of the series.
– Machine guns: MG42/59; MG74; MG3 (early modifications)
– Capacity is nominal: 100 rounds of ammunition
– Dimensions: 175x175x75 mm
– Empty weight: 700g +-5% (weight is without tape, tape is not included)
– Coating: powder coating, default color “Olive” (other colors are available on request)
– Material: structural sheet steel
– Retail: 2100rn/piece
– Party (multiples of 16 pcs): 1850 UAH/piece
– When ordering from 48 pcs (multiples of 16 pcs), it is calculated separately at the time of ordering
- The box is a unique product, much simpler and, according to users, more convenient than the original NATO drum-shaped box (cupcake), and has a larger capacity – 100 rounds instead of 50 in the original.
- The product has the shape of a polyhedron offset towards the machine gun axis, which allows the center of gravity to be shifted closer to the firing line. This eliminates the disadvantage of all machine guns with a side-mounted box, namely, a decrease in accuracy due to significant lateral recoil caused by the shift of the overall center of gravity when using boxes with a large BC. This solution has been previously tested at testing grounds and has proven itself in the manufacturer’s box for M240.
- The box has a carefully designed internal shape for the smoothest possible tape feed, as MG machine guns are very sensitive to any obstacles in the tape feed (one of the reasons why the original shape is round). The feed of the tape from the box is very stable (the manufacturer worked a lot on this aspect when creating this box) and with proper tape laying, it almost eliminates the occurrence of a “wedge”, which is a weak point of this type of machine gun.
- All nodes have been worked out in detail and tested in practice. The box is constantly being improved and changed based on the wishes and suggestions of the soldiers. Now the M240 boxes are in their 3rd generation and there are already developments for the 4th.
- Despite a rather original decision of the machine gun’s developers regarding the method of mounting the box, this design fits quite well into the standard places, and according to users, it is even more convenient than the original “cupcake”.