Kit for creating a single wireless data line in an aggressive radio environment
A set of two (ground, on-board) units is designed to form a single wireless data transmission line in an aggressive radio environment in the presence of intentional (“radio jammers” and other electronic warfare equipment) and unintentional (operation in unlicensed frequency bands in the presence of a large number of extraneous signals) radio interference.
Each unit is a software-controlled radio (SCR) device, i.e., the functionality of the device is fully determined by the embedded software (“firmware”) and can be changed within the existing services or expanded with unique services for the customer within the functionality of SCR components.
Each unit is capable of transmitting digital data in packet mode received via UART, SPI, SBUS interfaces:
– under the control of an external controller to generate the address and data volume;
– automatically with a predefined recipient using an internal shaper;
– automatically addressable with the internal sorter of telemetry packets of the MAVLINKv.1 format;
– automatically addresses the internal sorter of remote control packets for UAVs and other drones in the Futaba SBus 16-channel format.
Typically, the units are configured for convenient and highly automated communication with a variety of drones based on flight controllers such as PixHawk, CUAV, and others. On the other hand, they are simply connected to a computer, laptop, or tablet via a UART-USB (FTDI) or USB (Virtual COM) interface to process telemetry and control the drone in software such as Mission Planner.
Package contents: ground communication unit of telemetry and control – 1 pc; onboard communication unit of telemetry and control – 1 pc; antennas with coaxial extensions – 2 pc; antenna mounts – 2 pc.Antennas with coconductor extensions – 2 pcs.; mounting of the ground communication unit to a tripod – 1 pc.; tripod – 1 pc.; 1 UART-USB (FTDI) adapter cable; Bus interface for connection to the flight controller type PixHawk; Bus interface for connection to the control panel modem type FrSky.
Key properties of modems:
- Data transmission and drone control are extremely difficult to “jam” with devices that deliver interference to the interception point with a power up to 1000 times (up to 30 dB) higher than the signal power of the units. They are highly resistant to any type of radio interference, including coordinated interference from similar devices or spoofing (self-suppression).
- Intercepting and analyzing radio signals is almost impossible due to their noise, except for special radio reconnaissance stations with the ability to analyze signals in the time and frequency domains and highly qualified analysts in the fields of radio engineering and cryptography.
- It is difficult to detect the fact of radio emission of units in the farthest 75% of the service area.
- They operate on license-free frequencies around the world.
- They provide long-range communication at low radiation power.
- Supports the SBus Futuba/FrSky (16-channel) control protocol for drones, multicopters and other UAVs.
- Supports MAVLINKv.1 telemetry transmission with packet type filtering and flow control.
- Optimized for digital speech transmission with the CELP2400 codec.
- Automatic control of the data rate, power, and frequency is optional (based on the transmission channel security criterion).
- Compatible with all flight controllers such as PixHawk, CUAV, and others and software such as Mission Planner.
- Secure transmission mode is provided by a single pair of modems separately for telemetry and control at different frequencies. The complete set (telemetry and control) consists of 4 units. Integration into the final product – the device is programmed and ready to go as much as possible with a standard setting.